Monday 25 March 2013

Red Sea Diving






Friday - Oh my gosh – the best underwater experience I have ever had – amazing visibility and sooo much to see. Our full day trip took us to three different reefs, namely the Chicken Wreck, a boat carrying tons of frozen chicken when it hit the reef, Gagda (I think the second one was called), and Table Mountain, named for the immediate deep drop off the edge of the reef.




I scuba'd and snorkeled the reefs among tiny lilac-hued opaque jellyfish, in warm, yet crystal clear waters.  Incredible coral teeming with brilliantly coloured life – Parrot fish, Diagonal butterfly fish, Cornet fish, Masked puffer fish and Broomtail wrasse are some I was able to identify. 


Great people on the boat and Briyani for lunch – a wonderful day. One of the highlights was placing my 'abaya in abeyance' as I stepped onto the boat, and donned my cosie - oh the joy of feeling the sun on my skin after a month plus of ‘covering’. 

Still looking for an underwater camera in Jeddah.  Underwater pics next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment